Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Time does not heal this loss

Charterhouse11

• Members
Charterhouse11

My mother passed on September 7th, 2012 at about 7 in the evening.   This was the very moment that I lost my dearest friend and greatest advocate.  My first love.  My family.  My everything. 

Though I have siblings, a father, and many cousins, nieces and nephews, I have no one that I belong to in the way that I "belonged" to my mother and she "belonged" to me.

It is now March of 2017 and I realize that while I am learning to live with this loss, I will never get over it.  Time does not heal me of the pain of this loss. 

]

• Members

Dear Charterhouse,

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. Thank you for sharing your mother with us. And for your thoughts and insights. Its the question I ask myself today, when I will I fully accept that my father is gone? And why did it have to happen? I keep wishing I did something different and maybe then I could have prolonged his life.

Archived