Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my brothers

Brothers

• Members

I come from a family of 7 mom,dad,3 brothers and a twin sister on 12/31/06 I lost one of my brothers to a heart disease he was living out in Hawaii working construction with another one of my brothers those two were by far the closest in my family even though I have a twin they did everything together they loved fishing and hunting that's what they lived for after my first brothers death the other one moved to Montana made a life there and had two kids boy and a girl years went by him and I lost touch but in 2013 he moved back home with his kids and lived with me and we grow so close he taught me so much about hunting we spent every day together every night I would get home from work he would be there to talk to me. on 2/5/17 I lost him too still unsure of the cause. I am having a really hard time dealing with this I try to talk to friends and family but it's not helping. I MISS THEM BOTH 

• Members

Dear Brothers,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the passing of your beloved brothers. I'm so sorry for your losses. The pain and sorrow you are feeling is natural and normal. I know it hurts. And you miss them both a lot. Its a terrible shock. I think it takes are minds and bodies a long time to come terms with this new normal. My dad passed four months ago and I still cannot understand why it happened. I miss him terribly. And most days I am still tearful about this loss.

Everyone is so different. And what works for one person, doesn't work for another. If you want to, consider talking to a counselor, joining a support group, or accessing any supports through the community, work or church. I have tried everything myself in hopes of finding some comfort and understanding. Grief is a terrible journey. I wish none of us had to go through it.

Take care of yourself. Thinking of you.

Archived