Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Four months

Knhedges

• Members

Tomorrow will be four months since Dylan died. Our daughter is almost 6 weeks old and growing like a weed... She makes the funniest faces and all I see when I look at her is her daddy...

His birthday is this coming Tuesday. March 7. He would have been 27... I miss him so, so terribly much... I haven't posted much here lately. I've been too busy sleeping my days away :/. I did get out yesterday though. I went and got a tattoo for him.

When I was cleaning out his dresser after he died (i terminated our lease at the apartment. I couldn't live there anymore. Had 30 days to go through everything and move out...) I found a notebook open to a piece of paper that said "I love you forever" across it. The writing in my tattoo is his handwriting. I love it, but I hate it. It's beautiful and perfect, but I hate that I even had a reason to get it in the first place... 

0301171918b.jpg

• Members

Knhedges

Wow!  It seems like only yesterday when you announced you gave birth and now she's 6 weeks.  Time passes by so quickly, before you know it, she'll be 6 years old.  :D  Treasure her and love her for both Dylan and yourself.  I know how much you miss him, same here - my Charles has been gone for nearly 3 months, and it still seems unreal; as if he will be coming home soon.  But when I think of it, he is home; I'm the one who is not.  

I'm glad you're trying to get out more getting that much deserved sleep your body needs; not only for you but for the baby.  I'm also glad you have that lovely baby girl to remember Dylan by.   

10 hours ago, Knhedges said:

) I found a notebook open to a piece of paper that said "I love you forever" across it. The writing in my tattoo is his handwriting. I love it, but I hate it. It's beautiful and perfect

It sounds like a sign from Dylan saying he loves always.  God is always giving us signs in our life.  Trust in HIS timing; rely on HIS promises; wait for HIS answers; believe in HIS miracles; rejoice in HIS goodness and relax in HIS presence.  I believe God gives us signs in three ways; HE says yes and gives us what we want; HE says no and gives us something better, and HE says wait and gives us the best.

You know you are always in my prayers.  Stay Strong and know you are blessed.  Take care of yourself and the beautiful baby, another sign showing how much God loves you.

• Moderators

Knhedges,

Your tattoo is beautiful, and how more timely than just before his birthday.  I have a tattoo also, it has George and my symbol and his name below it in his handwriting.  I can't take a picture of it because of where it is, I used to have a picture of it but it is in a program I no longer have so I can't view it.  But I have it on me and carry it, my tribute to him.

• Members

Knhedges,  The tattoo is an amazing gift in honor of Dylan's birthday. I love the rainbow colors. As your daughter grows, and she and you can become more interactive, I have no doubt her personality will shine through with all of her daddy's goodness.

Thank you for sharing with us. You are always going to miss Dylan. His heart and soul are entwined in you and your baby girl. You both are blessed. Take care of yourselves. HUGS to you and your baby.

• Members
On 03/03/2017 at 3:26 AM, Knhedges said:

Tomorrow will be four months since Dylan died. Our daughter is almost 6 weeks old and growing like a weed... She makes the funniest faces and all I see when I look at her is her daddy...

His birthday is this coming Tuesday. March 7. He would have been 27... I miss him so, so terribly much... I haven't posted much here lately. I've been too busy sleeping my days away :/. I did get out yesterday though. I went and got a tattoo for him.

When I was cleaning out his dresser after he died (i terminated our lease at the apartment. I couldn't live there anymore. Had 30 days to go through everything and move out...) I found a notebook open to a piece of paper that said "I love you forever" across it. The writing in my tattoo is his handwriting. I love it, but I hate it. It's beautiful and perfect, but I hate that I even had a reason to get it in the first place... 

0301171918b.jpg

It's lovely it will always have special meaning to you. I feel your pain losing my husband of 23years we childhood sweethearts. Your baby will keep you very busy she will remind you everyday of Dylan. Happy birthday to him for yest. My husband died day befor his 41st birthday. Jan this year. Our children are 23&10years. I have days were I don't want to get up but I make myself I don't feel good but least am carrying on. Best I can. As you will you baby will bring you comfort but will not fill that break in your heart. Coming on here just getting replies makes me feel someone out there is listening suffering same as me. You could be other side world from me but my thoughts are with you I'm in the UK by the way. Send you hugs to you and your baby. 

• Members

That's beautiful. I wish my husband left behind a piece of his writing. But that is lovely, looks like the tie dye t-shirt. 

• Moderators

Chasisdope, you should at least have his signature on something, driver's license, credit card, something.  My tattoo has George's name in his handwriting.

• Members
On 3/11/2017 at 10:15 AM, KayC said:

Chasisdope, you should at least have his signature on something, driver's license, credit card, something.  My tattoo has George's name in his handwriting.

OMG you're so right! I have to look into his pile of stuff. Thanks for shedding light!

Archived