Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm too young to die

CassandraVCarson

• Members
CassandraVCarson

I'm only 24. Went to the hospital last moth for breathing problems and that's when they told me I have cardiomyopathy. I have 1-2 years left at the most, I haven't done anything with my life. I haven't talked to anyone about it, I don't really have anyone in my life, and I still haven't really cried about it yet. My parents are alive and wealthy but won't admit anything is wrong. We don't have a very good relationship to begin with though. I just don't know how to deal with any of this.

• Members

I am sorry about your diagnosis, but who told you that you only have 1-2 years left? I have been reading about the disease, and it sounds as though there are many available treatments. Are you currently getting treatment? I would talk to my doctor about how I feel. Perhaps she/he can send you to a professional who can guide you through dealing with your issues. 

Reach out to your parents and tell them your true feelings. Let them know you are scared. Perhaps this can be an opportunity to repair your relationship with them. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Cassandra, I came across your post today. Here is a link from the Mayo Clinic (very well known health clinic) on cardiomyopathy. 
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cardiomyopathy/basics/definition/con-20026819

Prayers for healing and management of your condition are sent. Hugs.

• Members
Riddhi Taneja

I think you should consult some other doctor. Don't lose your hope and just enjoy your life. There may be some other treatment. Prayers for your good health.

Archived