Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I,m so scared from car accident

VanBm

• Members

it's been 7 days since my died from car accident he got hit by car in middle night when i still fall asleep. that tragedy are so horrible it's worse nightmare i ever got in my life, my cat is only 3 years old cat in human year and i really love him we always spend together sleep together and play together everyday, seing his favorite place and thinking about him it make me sad and it happen everytime since he is passed, he is so young and i,m so sad when god take him, since that day i can't sleep or eat well, when i go to bed i just remember him and my head so hurt and got many bad dreams every i sleep recently, i just feel depressed and devastated and i think this feeling will hurt me for the whole my life, i hope i can back on that time so i can save him from that accident but i understand that is imposible :( even i still think to back on time so many time.

I learn now that keep cat inside especialy at middle night and if your house close to road are very important, i keep my cat inside everyday but i can't understand why on that time he get out home and hit by car are really sad for me, I hope anyone will never feel the same tragedy and also for myself again.

Sorry for my bad English and R.I.P my cat.

• Members

I am so sorry to read of your upsetting loss.  This happened to me too and I can understand how much you are hurting.  Cats are determined little creatures and it's in their nature to go exploring away from the safe boundaries of home. The loss won't hurt you for all your life because you will have good memories but it will hurt for a long time.  It's a sign of the deep love you shared that you are in so much pain.  You gave your cat a very good life with lots of love, not all pets are as lucky so please just try to get through each day at the moment and not to rush things.  Take care.

• Members

VanBM----My heart breaks for you and your loss of your best friend. We lose pets to sickness, accidents and old age. It seems so unfair when we have to lose them just because they do not have a long life span like some people do. We wish they could be with us forever. I am so sorry you lost your cat. Some years ago, I lost a young cat. She was about 6 months old and she was outside. I looked for her for a long time and assumed a wild animal got her. I still miss her.

Your cat will always be in your heart. You will never forget him and all the joy, companionship and unconditional you gave each other. I am so sorry you are going through this pain.

• Moderators

Both of my cats had been on their own before I got them, used to coming and going as they pleased, it's hard to turn a cat into strictly housebound when they aren't raised that way or used to it, I can't afford the fencing to keep them in yard, but I cared about them and took them in.  June 3rd Miss Mocha wanted outside, it was broad daylight, I let her out, I was outside all day working in the yard, never heard anything, never saw her again.  I think something got her, she would never run away, she was happy with me, always slept with me.  I, like you, never let them go outside at night, even if they begged to, cats are persistent with their telling you what they want but I held my ground with them, still it happened when I was outside with her and I never saw anything.  It's hard when you don't know for sure what happened, no closure, but she hadn't been sick, she was in great shape, I know she didn't go off to die, she was fine.  There's large birds and cougars, other animals that will snatch a cat given a chance. :(

I'm sorry you are experiencing the loss of your cat, especially so young.  My Mocha had been with me for 10 1/2 years and she was an adult when I found her so no idea how old she really was.  Our only consolation was they had good lives when they were with us.  We want to keep them always, but sometimes that's taken out of our hands.  I wish you better days ahead.

• Members

Thank You Everyone i guess this would be a long pain since my memory is full of him and since i take him from a little kitty 3 years ago :'(

• Members

Thanks Zara19. can someone give me sugestion with coping i just see my cat album picture and i can't see it more because it make me sad seeing his photo just make me more remember and remember him. and my head is full of him, i just can't think straight anymore. i have other female cat that are so close with my death cat and they are like a couple but now hearing my other cat trying to find him are so hurt when my other cat go to my room she try to meowing it make me cry.

• Members

VanBm,  I can hear and feel your pain, You miss your cat and it hurts. Just breathe. Just focus on breathing. Just try to get through each minute, each hour. Cry if you need to. Grieving for the loss of a pet is hard, but you will get through this. If you were able to bury your cat, make up a special ceremony to honor him. If he had a special toy, put it at his grave and talk to him. Give some extra love and attention to your remaining cat, who is grieving also. When we love, and the one we love can no longer be with us, we grieve. We miss them. Take care of yourself, remember your cat with love and memories, he would be thankful to you for doing that. I know from my many losses of pets how much it hurts. It will get easier over time.

• Moderators

There is no predictable time frame, it is what it is.  Just take care of yourself, as KMB said, remember to breathe, try to get through this one day at a time, one hour, one minute.

• Members

Thank you KBM and KayC i will take care of myself and learn to never let my cat out on middle night for myself and for everyone. i know cat are night creatures but night are just dangerous for them. i hope we can meet our beloved pet again.

• Moderators

I believe with all my heart that we are together again.  The body gives out, but the spirit remains.  Life is energy and energy changes form, it does not disappear.

• Members

Again

I lost my cat again this one is not close as precious cat but i still see him as family, a male 6 years old cat and it's accident again hit by bike and died today the biker and me bury it close to home even i,m so sad. its been two mounth since my precious and my best friend died and now i feel it again. i feel so empty again and i even want to died god! i can't think straight again no one even understand me here. i don't want loss my friend again and now i,m dying thinking of my cat.

Archived