Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here

ckshenson

• Members

Hello everyone. I"m new here. I lost my mother a month ago today and i"m having a really hard time dealing with it. I miss her so very much. Feel like crying every day,, many times a day. I also get angry and resentful towards others very easily. I don't understand this. Was wondering  if any of you have gone through this emotion of anger towards others.

I appreciate the add and look forward to getting to know you all.

God bless,

Cynda

• Members

Dear Cynda,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your beloved mother. I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. I know its a very difficult time. Everything you are saying and feeling is normal and natural and part of grief. Losing a cherished parent is very traumatic.

My dad passed away four months ago and I am still very angry and resentful about what happened. Angry at my siblings for not seeing him more. Angry at the doctor for telling us he had six months to one year and then having my dad die two days later. Angry at then insurance broker for holding his life insurance check hostage in hopes of a sales meeting.

The grief journey is long. And there are so many raw emotions after such a devastating loss. For now, I have tried talking to a counselor, joining a support group, reading about grief at websites like What's Your Grief and GriefShare.Org and getting books from the library. What I have learned is that what you are saying is a universal experience we all go through after losing a beloved parent. Grief is what we have to go through because of love. I know its horrible. But I hope with time the pain will be less intense and raw. I hope that all for all of us.

Thinking of you during this difficult time.

Archived