Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Alzheimer's Took my loved one

DarleneK

• Members

This is the first time I have joined this sort of forum, but I am grieving and looking for others who have been through this pain.  We lost our mom to Alzheimer's yesterday.  Her battle with this disease for a couple of years.  I live 3000 miles away from my family which has made this ordeal hard. I was able to see her one last time a couple weeks ago.  I hadn't seen her since 9/2015.  She lost a pound a week, and on our last visit she had lost a lot of weight, looking like a holocaust victim.

She exhibited all the characteristics of someone coming to the end of their life.  Mom, was our best friend, our mentor, our everything.  I have lost loved ones before, but yesterday the excruciating pain was frightening.  I felt like the wind was knocked out of me.  Today, I find myself trembling, overwhelmed, trying to work through this.  

• Members

Dear Darlene,

My deepest sympathies and condolences on the loss of your mom. I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. Its a horrible shock to lose our parents. It sounds like the last few years has been very tough on your mom. Sorry to hear about her suffering. Grief hits all us so hard. And I wish so badly I could take away the pain. Try to be gentle and kind with yourself during this very difficult time. We are all here to support you. Thinking of you.

Archived