Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my mum died and im pregnant

daniellejade159

• Members
daniellejade159

my mum passed away on 23rd December 2016 she had a short battle with lung cancer (45 years old) was only diagnosed in September i found out i was pregnant in November which meant i got to share the amazing news with her and she was so chuffed. It is my first child and it has been what has kept me going for so long but now i am unable to blank it out and keep busy and i am starting to feel like i will never see her again (obviously i know i wont) and reality is settling in. I am 20 weeks pregnant today and there are so many different things going on in my head that i need my mum for. I have only my uncle left on my mums side and i am an only child. I felt like i was getting through it but the last week has been the toughest. It was also my 28th Birthday on the 9th Feb the first one without her and it was horrible.

I feel as if the only thing holding me together is this baby and im scared im going do something to hurt her by getting so upset ect!! we found out it is a little girl and everyone has been so pleased and saying its really nice for me after whats happened.

• Members

Dear Danielle,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved mum. I know this should be a time of joy with your beautiful baby girl, but you are also mourning the loss of your mum. Its very tough. Everything you are saying is normal and part of the grief journey. Please know that we are all here to support you. Thinking of you.

• Members

Hey, Danielle.

I know exactly how you feel.  My Mama died in November when I was 10 weeks pregnant.  I had told her immediately after my first missed period, so at least she knew the baby was coming.  It kills me that she won't get to hold her first grandbaby, and that my son won't ever get to meet her.  I was on an expecting mothers forum, and this girl was going on about how sad she was that her cat died and her son would never get to play with it.  I know I shouldn't be comparing grief, and that girl is totally entitled to be sad, but I was just so upset that my MOM was missing out on the baby she had waited so long for. 

I'm glad your baby is a source of strength for you.  For the first few weeks after my Mom passed, I didn't care about anything.  I just wanted to be with Mom.  Have you started feeling the baby kick yet?  That has been one of the best parts of pregnancy in my opinion.  Feeling him get stronger is a brief bit of joy in a very hard road. 

Archived