Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How do you live everyday after something like this

Jessicalea

• Members

So I woke up one day to hear my dad vomiting he'd been under the weather for the past few days nothing major... He yelled out to my mum so I told her. She ran out and asked me to ring an ambulance. I went in and saw him. He had lost his colour. I touched him. He was cold. Tried feeling for a pulse. No luck he was gone! The worst day of my life. I had to call my siblings and tell them my father wasn't responding. He was 40. I'm 22. It was a pulmonary embolism. I still ask myself how every single day. I have a 2 year old that loved his pop so much and now he tells me pops in bed. And not just my own grieving. My sons. My mothers. My siblings. Its so hard to face the day :(

• Members

Dear Jessicalea,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its very hard to lose a beloved parent. Its so hard to process the shock and trauma of what happened. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this very difficult time. Please know you are not alone. And we are all here to support you. If its possible, maybe the whole family would consider talking with a grief counselor or joining a support group. Thinking of you.

Archived