Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My girlfriend is dying...

M. Yousif

• Members

We met on this online dating site for teens. I am 14, and she is 13. The minute we first started talking, we had an instant connection and fell in love with each other. She is Slovakian but lives in London. Today I tell her that one day I'm gonna got to visit her in London when I'm 18 and spend the time of our lives. However, she told me that that may not happen since she has heart problems and they were serious. She has a hole in her heart and she told me that she was dying. I was so sad and upset and began to cry since I felt that I finally found my one true love but won't be able to actually meet her in person or touch her ever. She told me that if she dies, she wants me to continue to live my life, but I don't know how to live without her. This is a very hard matter to deal with and I don't know what to do. Please someone give me some advice.

• Members

Dear Yousif,

I'm so sorry to hear what is happening. And for the pain you are feeling. If you can, I hope you can access counseling through school, work or the church for some guidance. Try to be as supportive as you can. And let your girlfriend know you will continue to love and support her. But also try and get some help for yourself. Try talking to a trusted friend or family member about your feelings and your struggles. Need to be around a lot of people during these difficult times, so they can hold us up. Thinking of you.

• Members

Dear Reader,

Thank you for your support. I am very happy that at least one person feels sympathy for me and is willing to help me. I talked to a bunch of my friends and they were pretty sad yet supportive of her and I. Even though we are both shaken up about the whole heart surgery, we both try to forget about it, and it seems to be working. We started playing games and talking about having a good future rather than the worst. And honestly, we both feel very happy with each other. Hopefully, she'll do well in the surgery, and then we can live the life we dreamed of. Thanks again for your support.

• Members

Dear Yousif

You are more than welcome. Please know you are never alone. Sounds like you are surrounded by loving and caring friends. Life has so many overwhelming moments and challenges. We all struggle. But I'm glad you are trying to stay positive. Take care. I hope everything works out for the best.

• Members

Dear Reader,

Once again, thanks for your support. The surgery has been moved to this Thursday. I really hope she makes it. Thanks again for you support.q

• Members

Dear Yousif,

I will keep you and your girlfriend in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry you both have to go through so much at such a young age. You are very strong person and she is lucky to have you in her life. I sincerely hope everything will be OK. Please know we are all here to support you. Take care.

• Members

Thank you for your post Yousif.  Happy to hear she made it through surgery. That is wonderful news. Wishing you two all the best. Take care and thank you for your kind words.

• Members
Riddhi Taneja

It's wonderful news that she survived the surgery. Now you can live the life you dreamed of with her.

Archived