Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost mother 6 years ago

Kate2222

• Members

I lost my mother 6 years ago - she had only been sick for about 2 months. My son was only 7 months old and I was working and going to school full time. It was easier to push my feeling aside when I started to think about her because I was so busy. Since then I have had another son and am as busy as ever but starting to have a harder time dealing with things. Seems very silly to reach out to a support group after 6 years! I am struggling with being a mom to 2 wonderful boys who will never meet my mom. She was amazing and I cannot believe I have to raise them without her. 

• Members

Dear Kate,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's passing 6 years ago. I think its only natural and normal to have these feelings of grief no matter how much time has passed. My dad passed shortly after his first granddaughter was born. I was so sad. Because I was thinking about all the moments he will miss with her. Its very painful. And I think its also the reminder of how fast the time goes that is also painful. I know my sister will tell my niece about her grandfather. But I so badly wish he still could have held her and given her a kiss.

Glad you found this forum. I hope you will share more with us. You are not alone in your thoughts and feelings.

Archived