Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my partner lost her husband to suicide and i want to be there for her

jay 123

• Members

so basically my partner of 9 months lost her husband to suicide just over two years ago although i have suffered grief i can't begin to understand what she experienced and  I'm not trying to. I just want to be there for her and help her through her darkest times, i lost my mum three years ago and i found it so so hard and that is nothing compared to what she went through finding her husband hanging in the house were they lived together and she has ben so strong for so long its unreal and i don't want her to carry this trouble alone anymore. we go through so many ups and downs together i just wondered if anyone had been through something similar and had some advice to help.

thanks in advance 

jay

• Members

Dear Jay,

I'm so sorry to hear about the trauma your partner has gone through. It sounds like you have been very supportive and kind to her. Everyone grieves differently, but maybe gently suggest grief counseling or joining a support group. Or check if there are any other resources through work, school or church that might also support her. I know this is a difficult time. For myself, I have also discovered a book called The Grief Recovery Method. There lots of websites that also offer support like What's Your Grief and GriefShare.Org. I'm thinking of you and your partner.

Archived