Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Miss my Max

Tracy Wp

• Members

Had to say goodbye to the most amazing dog yesterday, Max was nearly 15 and we have had him since he was 8 weeks old. His back legs started to give way, he lost so much weight and his sparkle had gone. I have never felt pain like this I miss him so much.

• Moderators

Tracy, I am so sorry.  It's the hardest thing in the world to let go of your dog because they no longer have quality of life...it's also the most selfless act of kindness we can do for them.  I've seen people keep their animals around for themselves, suffering, until death took them, and I think what you did was kind and loving because now you're missing him but you placed his needs ahead of your own.

I had to let go of my 14 year old whippet, Lucky, she was incontinent the last two years of her life, she was losing her hearing, and was frightened.  It was a hard decision because she could have lived longer but she no longer smiled and was whimpering during the night, I just couldn't put her through any more.

I hope this "The Rainbow Bridge" video brings you some comfort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

• Members

Tracy, I am sorry you had to say goodbye to Max. It is a very hard but courageous act of love that you did. I'm sure Max is grateful to you for easing his transition to his spiritual journey, freed from suffering. He had a blessed long life, giving you joy and unconditional love. Max will want you to remember him with love, memories and photos.  You will be grieving his loss, in time, that grieving will lessen in intensity and the memories will make you smile. Prayers going out to you Tracy. Max will be watching over you from Heaven.

Archived