Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death Comes in Threes

Jessica.Maxfield

• Members
Jessica.Maxfield

On January 17, I got a phone call that my best friend since college passed away. January 24, my mother suddenly passes away (only 42). February 3 I get the news that I'm in the process of my second miscarriage. I my body couldn't handle the stress of losing two very important people so close together, why should I expect my baby to. I blame myself for losing the baby. My sister tells me it's not my fault that the stress from those losses was something I wasn't going to be able to shut off. My Fiancé assures me it's not my fault, but that doesn't stop the guilt. I don't know how to handle so much loss in such a short amount of time.

• Members

Dear Jessica,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your cherished friend and mom and the loss of your baby. I'm so sorry. Its a lot for one person to go through in such a short period of time. There is so much pain and sorrow and raw emotions. I know its hard but your sister and fiancé are right. Its not your fault. Mentally and physical its a lot to take in when faced with so much sadness in a short time. I hope you will continue to surround yourself with loving friends and family. Seek out counselling or a grief support group for additional supports if you can. We are all also here to support you. Thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs.

• Guests

Jessica, I am so sorry to hear of your losses in such a short period of time, it is definitely not your fault that you lost the baby. I hope you realize that one day even if it feels like you are somehow responsible right now. It must be so hard to handle grief like this so I hope you find counseling as reader mentioned. Please post if you can, let us know if you're okay. Talk to us if you wish.

Archived