Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my Nyla

anna54

• Members

On February 1,  2017 my son yelled upstatirs "Mom, Nyla got hit by a car" immediately my heart began to race. I thought, ok we have to get the car and go to the vet. Unfortunately, when I ran outside, her eyes were gray and she took 3 breaths and died. I screamed and yelled and cried. 8 years, she slept with me, followed me. loved me. She would come up to me and wait for me to love her up, rub her stomach or stroke her hair. The pain of losing a Dog is as real as losing a loved one, I cried all day long and even now I am crying. I miss her so much. Everything still in it's place, her bed, bowls and toys. Why do people drive so fast? everyone in a hurry. It is now 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep, have'nt slept since Monday. My heart is so heavy. I wish people really understood the relationship between a pet and owner. It's just like a person, they know you and you know them. You look forward to seeing them when you get home or just playing around and cuddling. It was too soon and way to sudden for me to get a grip. I loved her so, so much. Pray for me.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, anna54 said:

The pain of losing a Dog is as real as losing a loved one

You are so right, for those of us who love them and consider them part of our family. My dog is everything in the world to me, and I feel for you in this loss. 

You have my prayers, Anna.  I know one day I will lose my Arlie and will be out of my mind with grief...he's nine next month and that's the life expectancy of his breed and size. I hope he lives a few more years but I know we're on borrowed time. 

I hope you can do something to memorialize her, something your son can participate in, it helps.  I was very close to my granddoggy, Skye, he lived with me for several years and I dogsat him often, he loved his grandma and I have so many special memories with him.  One day I got the call...my son was in college and wanted somewhere more permanent to bury Skye, so he brought him here and we buried him together.  I bought a memorial stone and placed it on his grave.  These rituals help us in processing their death and honoring them.

Archived