Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
fzald

Girlfriend died at age 22. Totally devastated.

KayC   

Numb and Lost,

11 hours ago, Numb and Lost said:

I feel like some of y'all seem stronger than me.

You have "unresolved business" and that's why you're feeling as you do.  We aren't any stronger, it's just that we got to declare our feelings and live it and you didn't get the chance to fully express to each other all that you felt and wished.  Try to take it on faith that it really did exist and that death does nothing to change that, and that this is not the end, this is but a pause in time...a time we live by faith knowing we'll be together again.

KMB   

Numb and Lost, You will be OK. Time and patience helps with the evolving of the grieving. You are always going to miss him and love him. It will just be under the surface of whatever you do in your life. He would want you to keep on living your life and raising your children. Someday, you will be able to look at the past with a smile and be able to say, he loved me before he went to Heaven.

I hope so. I hope that they are able to think about us still in heaven. That's is the hardest thing for me. When we weren't seeing each other at times it made me happy just knowing he was thinking about me. I knew he was. Now I don't know. It feels so differently than when others I have know passed away. I still sort of feel his existence sometimes it just feels so far away. 

KMB   

Numb and Lost, I know this is hard on you, as it is for all of us. Our loved ones are no longer physically here, but I feel that they are in spirit form,capable of seeing and hearing us. They are always going to be with us. The relationship you had with him still exists, the bond of love will always be there. I understand that feeling of distance, the longer time moves forward. It is just a feeling though, and evolves into one of peace. The bond we have with them never goes away.

KayC   

it's true, the only thing that really changed was his body died, the rest of him lives still, he remembers you, they still love us.  We are so tied up with the physical life that's why it feels so far away to you, we aren't existing merely in spirit form, we are still physical beings.

(Christian view point) I think about that story in the Bible when they see Jesus talking with Moses and Elijah they knew who they were despite them having died long long before. Just seeing them they knew who they were. I like that story because it to me it means they are still recognizable, and even recognizable to people that had not seen them before. So maybe all the things I didn't get to tell him he knows now anyway because we have a higher level of understanding and knowing when we die. Another verse comes to mind the one that says we will know even as we know ourselves.  So many things we don't know and won't know until it's our time, all we can do is imagine. I appreciate y'all. I don't have much of an outlet other than here <3

KayC   

Good point!  And I don't think anyone here minds it being a Christian viewpoint, just on the other site we have to be careful. :)