Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Louise fowler

• Members
Louise fowler

Mum's been fighting liver disease for 13 years now, I'm her daughter and full time career and best friend. just as she gets put on the list for new liver she became very unwell, ended up on life support machine and dialysis with many infections, and only got told 2days ago she will not be getting one, the news has hit me so hard I feel so lost and scared upset and hurt. 

I feel like I have to stay strong for every one else. I have 2 kids that are so close to there nan it's killing me on wht to say to them. All I really want to do is run away and hide from the world. I can't cope anymore seeing my mum in hospital in the way she is. It hurts so much. 

• Members

Dear Louise,

I know how much you love your mum and I'm so sorry to hear about everything you are going through. Even the thought of losing a beloved parent is unbearable. This is a very difficult time. Please try to surround yourself with loving friends and family. And have you considered talking to a counselor? Joining a support group? I know its overwhelming dealing with devastating news. I hope you can access some community resources for yourself and your family. Thinking of you.

• Members

Thinking of you and your family at this hard time. It's ok to cry and feel emotions. I lost my mother and its a difficult thing to experience. Like reader said, try to surround yourself with friends and family at this time. Maybe try speaking with a social worker at the hospital? You just spending time with your mom is one of the greatest gifts you can bring to her. 

Archived