Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of my little Sister

argkangie

• Members

Loss my little Sister on the 18th to a drug overdose, had her funeral yesterday and it all still seems so unreal to me, I am feeling so much guilt, I feel that I should have done more to try and help her and my biggest fear is that my daughter will be next, I have called the crisis intervention team on my sister and they kept her for three days and released her. My family and I have tried and tried talking to them both, tried to get them to get the help that they need, needed but it's like it goes in one ear and out the other, they seem, seemed like an empty walking shell with no, heart, no morals, no common sense. I am afraid of what's going to happen when it sinks in that my little sister is gone, as of right now it still feels as if I am stuck in a bad dream, I don't know what to think, say, or do 

• Members

Dear argkangie,

I'm so sorry. I know this is a terrible time. You are a loving and giving person and I know you are doing everything you can for your family. Sometimes its so hard when we are trying and trying to do the right thing but the person we love won't listen. Sorry words are so inadequate during this time of deep sorrow. Please try to be gentle and kind with yourself. And surround yourself with loving friends and family. Look for support and understanding wherever you can. And if necessary seek out counseling and a support groups in the community. Thinking of you.

• Members

Thank you for your kind words

Archived