Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Introduction

KavitaHubby

• Members

Hello Everyone,

This is Manoj from Toronto. I lost my wife of 20 years end of August 2016 to a medical injury where doctor injected at the wrong spot and injection went in to spinal and she got cardiac arrest. Doctor tried CPR and called 911 but it took them around 20 min to revive her but by then lots of damage to brain which leads to brain cell death. I have a 19 year boy and 14 year old girl. My wife was my center of universe and now suddenly I have nothing. Yesterday was her birthday and had to spend her 1st birthday in 20 years without her. Had my MA in Dec and was quite painful. I suppose all 1st year ones will be tough. Some days are bad and I get a cryfest and some days are better. The only reason to live is for my kids and I think everyone must be feeling same. Just wanted to introduce and say hi. Sorry for long post.

Hugs

Manoj

• Members

Manoj, Welcome to the club no one wants to belong to, but here we are. I am sorry for your loss of your beloved wife. Loss of our partners is so horrendous and lonely. They meant everything to us and gave our life purpose and meaning and now we are left with not very much. You still have children that need you and I hope you are all being of support to each other.

Yes, those *firsts* that come along can sure pack a hurtful punch. I've been told that sometimes the best way to get through them is to do something in honor of the one you lost. I have not gotten to that point yet. My husband passed of sudden cardiac arrest. Nothing could be done.

There are many wonderful, caring people on this forum. Feel free to keep posting. Whatever it is you feel like writing we are here to listen and give comfort in any way possible.

Prayers to you.

• Members

Hi Manoj,

Our stories are very similar. I lost my wife on August 29th, my kids are about the same age as yours, and honestly they are the only reason I have to keep pushing on. Her birthday was a sad day, and I struggled to find any meaning whatsoever through the holidays. I am very sorry for your loss.

• Members

Manoj...so very sorry for your loss. It's sad that you have lost your precious wife. All of us here can relate to the kind of emptiness and defeat that it brings. You have found a forum you can speak of anything you want without judgement. I know I have found a great sense of comfort since I started posting and reading. Just knowing there are others who can relate to what you are going through helps. You are fortunate you have your kids even they too are grieving in their in way. Just be there for one another. That's all we can do for now. For me I am coping a bit better since I lost my beloved husband on October 19 2016. The grief still come in huge waves but I try as much as I can to keep myself busy. We had no kids so I am all alone now but I'm grateful to make it through each day. May you continue to stay strong on this roller coaster ride that we all are on. God bless. 

• Members

Thanks everyone for nice words. Her birthday was 2 days back and I promised to myself that I will keep the crying min and was able to do it but next day was bad. I planned a trip to india with kids during the holidays as meeting everyone gave some new meaning and also comfort and strength. I agree writing and sharing is only way we can move forward and help each other. God bless all of us.

Manoj 

• Moderators

Manoj,

I am sorry for the loss of your wife, and that it was way too soon.  How horrible that time must have been!  I'm glad you have your kids and can be there for each other.  It is hard facing their birthdays, anniversaries, anv. of death, holidays, all of the times that were special, now alone.  Your post was not long, no apologies needed here, we're all here for each other, going through the same things.

Archived