Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my gramma

Lauraki0407

• Members

My grandmother died October 9, 2015 and I am still just mired in it. I feel *so* sad all the time. So I thought I would join here to get thoughts- feedback. She was my mother and my father, truly, and as an only child who had had a hard life, she was that source of unconditional love. I just feel so bereft a lot. I have to be "present" for my son, but it's almost terrifying to still be in the world. Sometimes I feel like it's harder to have someone love you that much then have it withdrawn through death than to never know that love at all. Then I don't know. I can only open up to a couple of friends about how low I feel. 

• Members

Dear Laura,

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain and sorrow. My deepest condolence and sympathies on the loss of your grandmother. Its a huge loss. And its only normal to feel sad over her loss no matter how much time has passed. I lost my father and I'm starting to think I will feel sad till I take my last breath. I try so hard to keep going but I know its hard. I don't know if you have tried talking to a grief counselor or going to a support group. Its hard to find people who understand how devastating grief is and what a long journey it can become. Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman. So loving and giving. We all need more people like that in the world. Life is so unfair. For myself I wish so badly I could still bring my father back. Take care the best you can.

• Members
maybeitscas

I'm so sorry for your loss and how sad you must be feeling. I, too, lost my grandmother at the beginning of this year. Losing someone is definitely one of the worst things that a person can experience. The hardest thing is moving on from such a tragedy, which feels almost impossible. What I try to remind myself everyday is that she would be proud of me no matter what, and she would always be proud of me for keeping on. I hope you can try to think of that, too. Your grandma sounds like an amazing woman. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. There's always going to be help around you if you ever need to talk to anyone. Stay strong and take care. 

• Members

I know what it is like to lose a grandmother.  I lost her in January of this year.  Some days are a real struggle to get through.  I am sorry to hear of your loss, no matter how much time goes by, the pain is there and real.  I find it easier to cope when I take it day to day and focus on the good in that day.  I know she would want what is best for me and to keep going.  I think your grandmother would want that too.

Archived