Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Going to be one of "those" days

CKYdad

• Members

I totally get what everyone is saying about grief coming in waves. Some days I manage to get caught up in the daily responsibilities Kids, work, etc.. enough that even though I do think about Gina, it doesn't consume me quite as bad.

Today is one of those days where she is all I can think about. I love her SO much. I miss her SO bad.

• Members

:(  I hate those days.  My thoughts are with you.  I hope you can switch some of the thoughts to fun memories and away from what is gone.

• Members

It happens to me too. There are days when I just lay in bed and cry all day. And there are days when I keep myself busy all day to escape the pain. It doesn't means that I don't think about him. I think about him and miss him every second. But I try to keep myself as much occupied as I can. what to do now? This is my life . A life that I never imagined. 

He was my whole world! 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Sadaf Nazim said:

He was my whole world! 

I understand this so well. My wife was my "everything". I told her as much, so very often.

• Members

I'm having one of those days as well. It's just all too much for me. I am tired. I just want to give up. It seems like every day I'm faced with another obstacle. When will it end????

• Members

I called in sick yesterday and escaped in a book all day and it was ok.  Woke up today fine, but sitting in my cubicle and I keep hearing my husband singing to me  in his slightly out of tune voice.....

"I love to be with you, you're my favorite person.
Favorite person in the whole wide world
I would do anything for my favorite person
You're my favorite person, you're the person I love"

I wish I had sang a song to him.  I miss him so much and I am behind from being gone yesterday, but I can't concentrate on work well or stop the tears streaming down my face.  I knew I was lucky to have him, but I didn't realize how lucky I was.

• Members

CKYDad

I feel you - Hate those days - they suck - big time.  Many of my days are filled with Tears.  I call them tiny little drops of humanity that have a tendency to wash away some of the scars - they should - that's their job.   The principle is simple, When words are most empty, tears are most appropriate.   I read once that if you follow your tears, you will find your heart;  If you find your heart, you will find what is dear to God; and if you find what is dear to God, you will find the answer to how you should live your life.

Rev.21:4 states, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has pass away".  What an amazingly powerful statement.  

Keeping you uplifted in prayer.  God Bless.

• Members
49 minutes ago, Emeliza said:

I knew I was lucky to have him, but I didn't realize how lucky I was.

This.

I don't understand if I am insanely lucky to have known him, have been loved by him to have been the only girl who owned his heart.. or extremely unlucky to have lost him.. That too so soon. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Sadaf Nazim said:

It happens to me too. There are days when I just lay in bed and cry all day. And there are days when I keep myself busy all day to escape the pain. It doesn't means that I don't think about him. I think about him and miss him every second. But I try to keep myself as much occupied as I can. what to do now? This is my life . A life that I never imagined. 

He was my whole world! 

This is how I feel too.  I cried myself out and rarely cry anymore, and the pain has changed into a kind of a sadness I carry with me all the time.  I still have joy but it's smaller and more fleeting, I've learned to develop purpose in my life but not like I had before, HE was my purpose!  I keep busy.  Maybe too busy, now I have someplace to go, something to do everyday and I wish I had more free days.  This is the life I never dreamed of, not the life we planned, he was MY whole world!

• Members

Emeliza

2 hours ago, Emeliza said:

I wish I had sang a song to him

My husband (for a joke) made up a song for me and I Ioved  it.   When I asked him to sing my song, he looked at me puzzled.  I then sang a few cords of the song and he laughed - by he sang my song.   Thanks for reminding me.  Now it is constantly in my mind.

2 hours ago, Emeliza said:

I knew I was lucky to have him, but I didn't realize how lucky I was.

Unfortunately, we sometime don't realize what our "Diamond in the Rough" is until we no longer have it.  Know that (and I hope it gives you some type of comfort) you were blessed and highly favored. God designed this man -  just for you; he put him in our life for the years you shared - just for you; he allowed him to love you and you to love him - just you; to raise beautiful children - just for you.   You both were lucky to have one another - you both were each other strengths.  Just from your post, it's evident that you both loved one another so.  Hold onto that when you fill low and know that someday, when your earthly task is complete you will see him again - this time you will never have to part - for it will be forever.  Won' that be AMAZING.

You are in my prayers.  God Bless

• Members

Francine,  what you said are the only words keeping a lot of us going---someday we will be reunited with our partners.

Archived