Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing both parents

Anniebelle

• Members

3 weeks  ago  to  this  day  both  of  my  parents  passed  away. The  hardest  part  about  it  is  that  it  wasn't  by  old  age  or  an  accident  or  anything  like  that. My  father  murdered  my  mother  before  taking  his  own  life. When  I  found  out  I  screamed  and  my  heart  felt  like  it  was  being  ripped  from  my  chest. I  have  been  having  recurring  nightmares  that  they  die  in  the  same way  they  did  in  the  waking  life. I  wake  up  startled  and  in  my  disoriented  half  asleep  daze  I  tell  myself  it's just  a  dream  and  then  reality  sinks  in. I  miss  them  both  so  terribly. My  psychiatrist  had  upped  my  medication  and  put  me  on  new  ones. Still  I  cant  stop  the  nightmares  and  flashbacks  I  have  of  what  happened  even  though  I  wasn't  there. It  breaks  my  heart  that  one  of  my  brothers  saw  it  happen  before  his  very  own  eyes. My  life  feels  like  it's over. Every  holiday  and  birthday  will  never  be  the  same. I know  that  people  need  me, but  inside  I'm  screaming. I  really  don't  know  how  to  carry  on  anymore.

• Members

Dear Anniebelle,

I am so sorry to hear about what happened three years ago. You are not alone. There are so many people that love you and care about you. I know its hard to carry on after such a terrible loss. And you are doing the very best you can under the circumstances. Please try to surround yourself with your caring friends and family. Seek out additional supports if you can through the community, church, school, or work. I know the pain is hard to bear. Its unimaginable what you've been through. Thinking of you. Sending you lots of loves and hugs.

Archived