Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Oh what grief we all must bare ...

MVanHook

• Members

9 months since my beautiful, incredibly intelligent son finally managed to end his unbearable life at 25 years old. . He tried multiple times over 8 years. I was always there to stop him until the last few years - he moved away with his wife and 2 very small children, out of my reach. He had a great job with benefits and a good life financially. I know I couldn't have stopped him from his goal. I came to terms with that after the first several attempts ...  That, at some point, he would succeed . ...  I don't think I will ever understand the pain that would cause you to leave all the people who love you ... I'm still angry, confused and hurting .  How do I get past it? How do I understand a pain so severe that you discount your children? ... And all the people who love you and are there for you... I struggle with this daily.  I'm normally a happy person, but at times, the thoughts and memories are too much.  Not sure how to work through this pain and need to understand his pain. 

• Members
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was so sorry to read of the loss of ur dear son .  I have lost two

sons. First one to a motorcycle accident & then one to suicide.  

I know the pain and process u will go thru. 

How I survived.   A long story. 

If u ever want to share with one who has walked in ur shoes no matter the spacific circumstances e mail or text me~ Rainie ~

509-540-2080        Or   rainie1964@gmail.com

I chose whom

inresppnd to here as it takes a lot outa me.   But others helped me and I have a lots experiencial knowledge of losing sons 

• Members

mvanhook sorry that you lost your son. Suicide is a final response to unbearable long-term pain evidenced by his previous attempts. He obviously had mental health issues bless him which may or may not have been correctly addressed /medicated and felt life was too much. You did your absolute best to help save him what a dedicated loving mum you are. The journey of grieving is long hard and painful but eventually you will come out the other side and be ok it takes time and patience and perseverance. Be good to yourself.

• Members

Thanks to all who replied. It is an unfortunate bond that we all share. It helps me to know there are others who have been through it and understand. I truly appreciate your comments. M-

• Members

Mvanhook Sharing your feelings and struggles to other bereaved parents is part of healing. you may not realise it but some of your words may help others on this forum. I often recognize myself in other postings and it is that validation that I am not crazy or alone that helps. I see how far I have actually come compared to when I was in the first year of grieving, although it is still very difficult. Parents here just get it, they have been where you are and will help to hold you up with words spoken from experience, thought provoking quotes and above all support for you when you need it.

Archived