Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my mother she was only 46

Chinaluv809

• Members

I lost my mother 11/1/2016 to a very short battle of cancer. I'm completely lost! I feel so empty my mother was my everything! We were the true definition of best friends! My mom was diagnosed with Stomach cancer the day we found out was so unreal I couldn't even cry because I didnt believe it. My mother was so young(46) and healthy it was not true it couldn't be. What makes it so hard is that my mom worked at the Cleveland Clinic for 20 years as MA. I currently got hired at the same location and department my mom works at so been in her area everyday is such a reminder! When I was younger I use to come to mother and daughter day with her. It kills me knowing I can't talk to her or see her anymore. I have a older brother were close but not like me and my mom. Our relationship was unbreakable! I just want to know why me! I never thought in a million years I would see this day I'm only 22! I was in school working part time. Now I have to give that up because the support of my mother is gone! She is the reason my life was good now it seems to be over! What should I do? I'm glad it's me and my brother because without him I would be completely lost! I never drunk liquor now on  occasion I want to drink to feel better! I can't even sleep without sleeping pills! 'My life is horrible now! 

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Drinking only temporarily numbs the pain.  It won't make you feel better.  Try talking to your brother.  Lean on each other for support.  Maybe you can both find a support group.  Ask at the clinic.  You need help and support to get through this terrible time.  There is no answer to the "why me" question, believe me.  Again I'm sorry for your loss.  

• Members

Dear Chinaluv809,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your cherished mom. I'm so sorry for all the pain and sorrow you are going through. I know this is a very difficult time. Its a terrible shock to lose your mother so young. All your feelings and what you're thinking is normal and part of the grieving process. Try to take care of yourself the best you can. Try and surround yourself with caring friends and families. Seek out community resources through, work, school, church. Find someone to talk to about your feelings. There is so much raw emotion and its only natural to feel lost. You are not alone. We are all here for you. Thinking of you. Sending you lots of love and hugs. This terrible thing called grief takes a long time to understand. Sometimes for myself, I don't think  I will ever understand, but I keep trying.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss. I feel you.

I lost my dad to lung cancer a year ago and he was only 46 as well. I was 16, now I'm 17 and to be honest with you I feel lost, I'm supposed to start collage this summer and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I feel like he should be here with me, conforting me and advising me  and but he's not. 

Just hold on.

• Members

hi same thing happen to me i was 20 when i lost my mom back in 2011 and she to was 48 and she was my BFF. And i still can't believe she is gone. And she had cancer too. and me and my sister just got checked out to see if we had the same cancer as she had we don't we are in the clear. but we will be getting a mammogram every year i rather be safe then sorry. I'm here if you need someone to talk to my name is Heather

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:12 PM, adkinhm said:

hi same thing happen to me i was 20 when i lost my mom back in 2011 and she to was 48 and she was my BFF. And i still can't believe she is gone. And she had cancer too. and me and my sister just got checked out to see if we had the same cancer as she had we don't we are in the clear. but we will be getting a mammogram every year i rather be safe then sorry. I'm here if you need someone to talk to my name is Heather

Hi, thanks for the response.. are you still available for online chat. Just to talk..

Archived