Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm alone

Imscared

• Members

I don't know what to do. I'm a 41 year old divorced male who has lost his entire family at a fairly young age. I have 2 children that are the world to me. My depression and anxiety is getting the best of me. I struggle to function. I can't date. My my job is suffering. I fight hard not to numb the pain with the easy way out of doing of bad things. Is there anyone else out there who can relate to my problems?

• Members

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles.  I can relate in that I lost family members at a young age.  I, however, have never been married and have no children.  As a parent you have to do the best you can for your children.  You have to get up everyday and fight to make it through the day and go on because of your children.

I've had a lot of issues and anxiety in my life that has prevented me from doing things like dating, getting married, etc.  So I know what its like to have anxiety.  There is help out there.  Probably nothing I've said is of any use or help but I just wanted you to know you're not alone and I can kind of relate.

• Members
CynthiaNichols

I am really feeling bad after looking at your struggles. As a parent, you need to take your of your kids. For this you have to be mentally and physically fit and fine, and overcome with your anxiety and depressions. One of my neighborhood also confronting the same problem. So he was experiencing some mental issue. At that point somebody has suggested him to go for consultation. Talk about your concern with them, they will provide you the proper voyance pure consultancy. I think you can also try there once.

• Members

Dear Imscared,

Sorry to hear how hard things have been. There is a lot on your shoulders but always know there is help in the community. Try to reach out and get counselling, look at resources in the community or through church. Believe in yourself and take care the best you can.

• Members

Hey, Imscared, I am brand new here and yours is the first post I've really seen.  I think I can sympathise.  I am going to make my own post about this.  You're not alone.

• Members

Hello I'm scared. You are not alone. I have the very similar problem. I have given in to the dabilitating pain. My children now stay with their father. I hope and pray to make life back to where I think it should be. Everyday is a fight. My friend had told me 1 hour at a time. If u made it through that hour that's one small step forward. If an hour is too much. 10 mins at a time. You are still moving forward. Keep stepping forward 

Archived