Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Heartbroken

B7176

• Members

On December 30, 2016, I witnessed my boyfriend and the father of my 6 month old son go into cardiac arrest on our way to the hospital in the ambulance. He lived on a ventilator until his organs were donated on January 4, 2017. He was 25 years old. I'm haunted by that last ride and his last words. He reached for me in the ambulance and squeezed my hand before going into cardiac arrest. I can't eat or sleep. I can't even go to our apartment. I don't know what to do. I'm so heartbroken. 

• Members

Hi B7167

What a horrific shock and loss for you - I am so sorry. I'm not sure that you really have to know "what to do" just for now; your confusion and level of trauma is completely understandable. My husband died while we were away, and it was very difficult to come home - I totally get your apprehension - "Home" is now a place of absence and tears.  When you do finally need to go back to your home, please have good supports with you. You have come to the right place for support here.

I would have found this journey completely impossible without adequate sleep - could you see a doctor for some aid with this? Also, do try to eat something when you can -  just a sandwich or some fruit.

((((((Hugs))))))) if okay, hon - we are here for you.

Louise

• Members

Mrs. Plummer. Thank you for the support. I am so sorry for your loss as well. 

• Members

Hello B7176

I am praying for your strength as that experience that you endured is heartbreaking.. I too am now a single mother after the loss of the love of my life due to a fatal motorcycle accident on August 19th. I was 5 months pregnant and had our child on Christmas Day. Honey, no words can be said to take the pain away. I have only found comfort in God.. He was 28, and so much life ahead of him, as did your significant. I don't know how I am doing this without him, but I know that I have to. I am trying to pour ALL of my love toward our son. Trust and believe that I still have intense moment of emotion but every minute I get stronger.. I ask God just for enough.. I am praying that God gives you peace in the midst of your storm. Honey, this is definitely a storm. One that I don't see any ending. My hope is that after this storm, I will see a rainbow.. God bless you. 

• Members

B7176

I am so sorry for your loss. The best advice I can offer is to take things moment by moment. If you have friends and family for support, let them help. Be patient and take care of yourself. It’s been 9 weeks for me and I’m still taking it day by day, sometimes minute by minute. It will get easier.

Wishing you strength and moments of peace

• Members

I am still learning how to work this site. But thank you all for the advice and kind words. 

• Members

B7176

My sincere condolences on the loss of your boyfriend and the father of your son. There are no adequate words really, but my heart and prayers are with you. It must have been devastating for you to be with him in his last moments but try to take comfort that he crossed over by being with you, the person he loved most.

You have not only lost your boyfriend, but also the father of your son and the future of being a family. My heart truly goes out to you. Take care of yourself and your son the way your boyfriend would want you to. You will carry him in your heart forever and you will raise your son teaching him all about his father.

This is a wonderful forum. The people here are compassionate listeners. Prayers and hugs to you. One day at a time.

• Members

B7176 

I am so very sorry for your loss.  Know the love you shared will always be  - nothing can ever take that away.   Death leaves a memory that nothing can heal, but LOVE, Love leaves a memory no one can steal. The love you shared will always be in your heart safely tucked away  - a place where you can go to whenever you're discouraged  - believe me I've gone there millions of times. 

Your love has entrusted the raising of your son to you and you must not disappoint him - I know you won't.   Make sure he knows his father and the person he was.  Make sure he knows the love the two of you shared.  Make sure he  knows that God assigned a special angel specifically for him - and that angel is his dad.  But most of all, make sure he knows his dad loves him and always will.  Be encouraged that the squeezing of your hand was him merely saying he loved you. 

We all know what you are going though - we're all going through similar situations    Whenever you feel the need to open up your feelings, whatever they are (good, bad, happy or sad), know you have this forum to do so.   Whenever you feel the need, don't hesitate to post again. We're all here for you and one another. 

My prayer is that God grant you his love, strength and inner peace -  all you need do is open your heart -  God will do the rest.  God Bless you!

• Members

B7176

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Your boyfriend was near nearly the same age as mine. They went away at such young age. I hate that. I wish he would have lived 10 years more, or atleast 5. Why does God calls back all the good persons so early? 

When I see a man of 30-40 years age, it makes me so sad. It reminds me that I will never be able to see him at that age ever. I will grow old but he will stay young forever.  His child like innocence, his mischievous actions, his everything will be frozen in time. 

• Moderators

B7176,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my husband to sudden heart attack, it was shocking, I never expected it.  I can't imagine losing such a young husband that you have a baby to raise, but I know there have been a lot of people here that have been through that.  I hope you have family support.  There is no timetable, no schedule you have to do things by, it's what feels most comfortable to you.  You can stay with family/friends for a while and then face the apartment, or you can get a new place and have others move your stuff for you, whatever feels right to you.  Nothing has to be decided today.

I hope you'll read some of the other threads and know you are not alone.  This is a great site with some really caring people.

I join the others in adding you to my prayers.

Archived