Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my older brother

h_coleman123

• Members

It's been one month yesterday since I lost my brother. The day I found out, my parents were worried because nobody could get ahold of him. My dad eventually went to his apartment and found him. He called my mom and I was at home with her, getting ready for a study group because I am a freshman in college and getting ready for finals. I heard her scream, and found her crying, and I cried with her. He was my big brother, and literally just moved out a few months ago. I just don't know what to do. I can't focus on anything at all, and I just started back at school and can't retain any information in classes and all I think about is my brother. A day doesn't go by that I don't think of him. I miss him picking on me, calling me names, watching him box, watching him play video games, I just miss everything about him.

• Members

I am so very sorry about the loss of your brother. I lost my brother many years ago due to a car accident. It was terrible. I learned to take things a day at a time. Perhaps you should consider going to a grief support group. I want you to know it's okay to cry. It's okay to let people know your brother died. Perhaps you can talk to your professors and explain that your head is fuzzy right now. 

Please do your best to stay in school. You will get through this. My brother died two days before Christmas, and I had to go back to school the week after. It was rough, but I kept moving forward. You can do it too. Talk to as many people as you can about your feelings and your brother, especially your parents. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived