Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Any help from a Christian perspective?

Whit B

• Members

I'm Christian and am having trouble accepting the loss of my mom because it's so extremely painful. 

I am grateful that I will see my Mom again someday.  Can anyone please provide me with insight or resources from a Christian perspective as to how you've accepted your loss as the Lord's will?  I struggle with understanding why this happened or had to happen.  I really miss my mom. 

Thank you. 

• Members

Dear Whit B,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your beloved mother. I know this a very difficult time. I'm so sorry.  I don't think there any good or satisfactory answers as to why anyone's mom or dad has to die. Everyone tells me its part of the life cycle. Natural order of things. And part of being mortal. The reason we all have to live our lives fully. But I
still cannot accept my dad's passing as the Lord's will. I can only ask the Lord for strength and guidance in processing this loss. For me acceptance is a long way off. I will always wish I had more time with my father. Sorry for your pain and sorrow. Please know we are all here to support each other.

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

Dear Whit B ,

I am sorry to hear of the recent passing of your dearly beloved mother . I too lost my mother from a long illness which not only destroyed her physical health but also her mental faculties . I just want you to know that it was never God's will for humans to die in the first place . God also does not take delight in the death of persons , good or bad . He does not need more angels in heaven - therefore he doesn't not cause the death of our loved ones in order to have additional angels . 

This is a brochure we provide to persons such as yourself  . This can be downloaded or I am more than happy to send a personal copy to an address . There is no cost or obligation . In this brochure , you will find out why mankind suffers and dies . It also has insight into grieving and how to gain comfort from the Bible . I am always willing to have a personal , one on one conversation with you .

Please accept my sincere condolences ,

Frances

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=we&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

• Members

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I appreciate it. This is difficult to navigate and I appreciate the kindness. It helps. 

Frances, respectfully, I do not ascribe to the Jehovah's Witness beliefs. I do thank you for kindly taking the time to respond. The caring and kindness of others helps right now. 

Best to you both. 

• Members
MollieMcDoodlesMom

Dear Whit B. ,

I completely understand and appreciate your honesty . I hope you find the answers you are seeking and find comfort . Certainly , losing a loved one in dead is very difficult and it will take time to ease the pain . Even without religion being involved , if you ever just need someone to talk to and get some relieve from your sorrow - you can always contact me thru this website . 

May you have a restful evening and peace of mind and heart .

Frances

• Members

Whit B ... I am so sorry for your loss.  But I am glad that you are reaching out as a Christian because in my own personal experience in losing both of my parents in an 11 month period, the only thing that got me through that is my faith in Jesus.  Yes, gratefully  I got a lot of support from family and friends but the REAL support and comfort comes directly from Jesus.  

I was born and raised Catholic but it wasn't until I started reading the Bible for myself that I really got it.  That book is a blueprint to life.  It guides us and teaches us all that we need to know to understand everything about us and this world.  Not being critical here but the teachings that I got from school and the church didn't give me all of that.  Reading God's Word is what I need to get through the loss of my parents and every other difficult thing that I am faced with.

I really want to share this one scripture that helped me so much when my mom and dad were taken "home."   1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in Goda ; believe also in me. 2My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.”   John 14

The thing that makes this verse so powerful for me is to know that Jesus Himself comes to get us when it is time to go "home."   Death is the price we pay for sin since Adam, but God fixed all of that and sent Jesus so that we can have eternal life with Him.   I find this so comforting and like you I believe that we will be reunited with our loved ones when it is our turn to go home so until then, I try to be the best person that I can be and stay in His Word.

take care .... I hope this helps

Cindy Jane

• Members

Thank you Cindy Jane and thank you for the scripture. It does comfort me too. One that helps me is:

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”‭‭Psalm‬ ‭34:18‬ ‭

• Members

I recently started attending a Christian based grief group through Grief Share for support. I'm hopeful that the program will provide me with the spiritual component I need and help me to process the pain.  Maybe it will help someone else too. 

Archived