Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

God is Real

Francine

• Members

I just felt the need to communicate this.  I lost the love of my life and best friend in the whole world on December 6, 2016 and I was so devastated that I didn't know where to turn or what I would do.  We had been married for almost 45 years and still so much in love.   After his passing, I felt I didn't want to go on - that I wanted to be where he was.   I wanted and needed to know if he was OK and if I knew that,  than I'd be OK.   I asked and prayed that daily.  This morning while reading my daily devotions and Chicken Soup for the Soul (Grieving & Recovery) , I felt so sad and heartbroken, I put the book down and prayed the Lord's Prayer.     I also asked that HE'd give me his strength to make it through the day and days to come.  I closed my eyes and suddenly there was like a veil of peace that came over me - from my head to my feet.  Also, in my spirit the words "He's OK" came to me and I immediately knew that my husband was OK - my question had been answered.    I know I will still miss him terribly, but just knowing he's OK lifts so much weight off me.   Knowing he's OK and that someday, when my time on this earth is finished, I'll be with him and we'll both be OK in eternity.

• Members

Francine, you'll be ok. It'll take time, a long time, but we all will be ok. Nothing is going to be the same, it will be different. I read daily devotions also. Have to cling to God and our faith and anything else we choose to believe in.  Paradise and our loved ones await us in eternity.

• Members

Thank you Francine for that. The love of my life left the earthly world at the age of 28 on August 19th and all I want to know is that he is ok. I still await for that assurrance. Your testimony has given me so much hope that I too will receive that affirmation. In Jesus name. Thank you so much! GOD is so good in spite of our storm that we are in. I continue to pray for you all. 

• Members
Mrs. Plummer

I am so sorry for your loss, Francine, and I can surely relate to that deep need to know that our beautiful men are okay - for me, that was frantic - our concern and care for them certainly doesn't end with  their deaths. I'm so glad you've had some assurance that he is doing fine.

• Members

Although I have God's assurance that the love of my life is OK, it's still so very difficult not having him here with me.   On cold nights like this one, we would be cuddled up and sipping hot chocolate or tea watching a good movie.  Oh I missed that terribly.  I miss his voice, this smile, his laugh.   I ache knowing I won't have anymore conversations with him.  I went to church today (hadn't been since my love left his world - 12/6/16) and was welcome back by the church congregation.  It was good to see many friendly faces, and receive warm hugs, but the faces and hugs are gone now, and reality has once again set in.   Alone by myself with nothing to do but remember him - remember my love, remember my heart - my husband - remember the good times - the times when I was happy - the times when I had a heart and knew how it worked. 

The tears are coming now and there's nothing I can do about it; so I'll let them flow.  While in Gods greatness, he has assured me that my husband, Charles (I never mentioned his name before) is OK, and for that I'm truly greatfull   God never said it would be easy, but he has promised that he would be with us every step of way.  As much as it hurts sometimes, I know that Gods love and peace is awaiting us all if we only ask.  My wish is for all of us to experience the peace of God's love and strength at this very difficulty time.

• Members

Francine, Even though we know our husband's are in God's care now, it still so greatly hurts to not have them here under our love and care. I miss my husband every second of the day and night. I don't think God want us to suffer, but yet we are. We are suffering the loss of our spouse, the person God gave us to begin with to love and have a life with. I guess God has a different purpose for us now. It will take a long time to figure that one out, if ever.

Archived