Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my bestfriend: Sophie

GenSophie

• Members

I am writing this to just help me express myself. Today I lost my bestfriend, she is a cross-breed of a japanese spitz and a shih tzu. A victim of a hit and run, I just feel that she was taken too soon. 

This will be my letter for a bestfriend I lost.

"Now I'm not sure how I would start the day without you. I will miss how you run towards me whenever I open my door in the bedroom. I will miss how you will place your head in my hands and dog hug me when we are at the couch. I will miss the feeling of rubbing my hands in your belly. How you will wag your tail whenever we play.

My everyday life will never be the same without you. You made life much more meaningful. I'm sorry for any shortcomings I had with you. You will always have a special space in my heart. I love you and I will always miss you. 

Until we meet again, my bestfriend."

I just had to let this out. 

IMG_1859.JPG

• Members

Your letter is beautiful and will help you in the days ahead. I especially love the part "I am sorry for any shortcomings" .

Your words actually help me as I am still so sad over the passing of my beloved cat and I carry much guilt surrounding his death.

Also, the photo of your dog is so precious. She was so adorable.  Best of luck to you and God bless.

c

• Members

Thank you for your kind words. I know it's hard but we have to keep on moving for our special ones. Always stay strong, I know your cat is with you every step of the way.

• Members

GenSophie, So sorry for the loss of your best friend. Our furfriends are our family and their loss leaves a big hole in our hearts. She's is a cute little dog! Thank you for coming onto this site and sharing. It is one of the best ways to express yourself and all that you are feeling. I too, have lost furfriends over the years and still miss them all . I think of them quite often. Prayers and hugs to you. Your friend will be with you always in spirit.

• Moderators

Your beautiful dog has such sweet eyes and shows a kind spirit.  I heard a quote one time that I loved, "Dogs are my favorite kind of people."  It's how I feel about them.
I'm so sorry you lost your precious dog, and for the trauma surrounding the event.  I hope she went quickly and didn't feel pain.  I believe she knows how much you love her and miss her and we'll be together again in the next world.  My heart goes out to you as you try to make it through your days without her there.

• Members
7 hours ago, KMB said:

GenSophie, So sorry for the loss of your best friend. Our furfriends are our family and their loss leaves a big hole in our hearts. She's is a cute little dog! Thank you for coming onto this site and sharing. It is one of the best ways to express yourself and all that you are feeling. I too, have lost furfriends over the years and still miss them all . I think of them quite often. Prayers and hugs to you. Your friend will be with you always in spirit.

Thank for your kind words. It really helps to find other who in a way you can share your pain.

• Members
7 hours ago, KayC said:

Your beautiful dog has such sweet eyes and shows a kind spirit.  I heard a quote one time that I loved, "Dogs are my favorite kind of people."  It's how I feel about them.
I'm so sorry you lost your precious dog, and for the trauma surrounding the event.  I hope she went quickly and didn't feel pain.  I believe she knows how much you love her and miss her and we'll be together again in the next world.  My heart goes out to you as you try to make it through your days without her there.

Thank you KayC for your words. She did went quickly. She was even able to wag her tail for a few times like she was saying goodbye then passed away. It pains me that I can never see those beautiful clear eyes again. 

True, the thought that we will be together someday helps me to keep going everyday.

Some of my friends say that I should not adopt a new friend. But for me, as soon as I am ready again, I would be happy to share the love that I've given to this precious soul. It hurts to lose a a furfriend (let me use KMB's words) but the love that you will acquire together with them far outweighs the pain when you lose them.

• Members

GenSophie---It is why I have had many pets. Yes, it hurts so much when you lose them. You know going into the commitment that an animal's life span is short, and sometimes due to circumstances, can be even shorter. Pets, no matter the species, need us humans to love and care for them. God gave us huge hearts, with plenty of capacity to love many.

• Moderators

I feel the same GenSophie,

I can't imagine living without a dog.  They are God's greatest gift to us, undeserved it might be.  They are so selfless (except when it comes to eating) :) !  It is so very hard when they go...

Archived