Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lose of a father

Saboltears

• Members

I just lost my father in Christmas day. I Haven't really grieved yet I still have the images in my head I can't concentrate on anything. I am the only child so everything is on me. I did cpr on him I just the end ending life support these images haunt me. 

• Members

I'm so sorry. I am also an only child and I have found that very few people understand the unique impact losing a parent has on an only child....and how MUCH falls on you during and after the loss. My mother died in September and I just now found this forum. I hopefully it will help both you and me. I find that I think about my mom everyday.....some days I feel more sad than others. Today I have been thinking a lot about the moment she died. At times it haunts me and other times I just feel so glad that I was with her. I wish you peace on your grief journey. It sounds like you did everything you could. Be kind to yourself and patient with yourself. Hugs to you.

• Guests

I'm so sorry and I would suspect that shock is the reason you haven't grieved yet.  Depending on the circumstances, it can be a delayed response. My dad died on Dec. 30th which happened to be my 53rd birthday and the reality of it didn't hit until 2 days later.  

Archived