Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Articles of Interest

KayC

• Members
8 hours ago, KayC said:

I thought I'd start a place we can post articles we run across that we find worthy to share.  I found this one in huffingtonpost:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/moving-forward-into-2017-four-resolutions-if-you-are_us_58668a87e4b068764965c13c?utm_hp_ref=grief

Thank you KayC, this is a great read.

I particularly liked the end

"One day, sooner rather than later, we will see our loved ones again. Walk in joy by remembering the love you shared, or in sorrow by focusing on your loss. Whether walking with joy or sorrow, the distance to your loved one is the same. The choice is yours.Finding joy in life again doesn’t mean you will ever forget your loved one. That is not even a possibility. It does mean that you honor the place they had in your life and the love you shared...allowing love and loss to walk side by side into the future that awaits you."

I wish, or rather, I believe one day the pain that I'm experiencing right now (at 1.5 months in) will be less raw.
I believe I can survive this.  
I also believe I can find joy again.

I must believe that.

• Members

KC81----We need something to believe in. Something that makes us get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other throughout the day. Our existence here has no meaning if we have nothing to believe in. I am not in that place yet myself. My husband was my purpose, being a wife. We are here for other purposes though and It's going to take me a long time to figure all that out. Sometimes it helps knowing my husband is close by spiritually, but then there are the times I feel alone and it is hard to get myself through that. Grief work is hard work.

Archived