Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Wonderful Cat, David

DavidIsMissed

• Members
DavidIsMissed

My cat, David died today at 17. She (yes, she, my father named her) has been in my life for my entire life. I love her so much, and I can't believe she's gone. It was so unexpected, yesterday she was fine, but today, she couldn't even stand up straight. We knew she was dying, but we thought we could save her. My family brought her to the vet, I couldn't bear to go. When they came back without her and my mum told me about how they had to put her down, I couldn't stop crying. It was all too much for me. She was my baby, I love her so much. I remember when I sat down in an armchair in my dining room, she always used to jump up, and get her claws stuck in it. I helped her up and she led on my lap and fell asleep. I don't know what to do, I've already become deeply depressed because of David's death, she was a beautiful old cat, I love her and I would do anything to bring her back to me. I'd give anything just for five more minutes with my little baby, just to lie with her and stroke her and hear her purr like she always did. I want her back so much, the house isn't the same without her. I won't ever see her again outside on the window sill waiting to come in. I'd run to the door and open it and see her jump down and trot in. Without her in the house, I cry so much. My heart is broken without her. Knowing I'll never hear her meow or hear her run along past me, or never see her lie and sprawl across the floor next to the heater just makes me so distraught. I can't cope without her, and I don't know what to do. The only comfort I have are the pictures around the house, and knowing she's running and lying about in Heaven. I miss you so much, David. I can't take it without you. Please come back to me. I love you so, so, so much.

• Members
Missing Jack

Bless You,

I hear so well your heartache, and your expressions of love for David. I am so very sorry that you are going through this terrible pain. I think it helps to reach out, as you have done, and to know that others completely understand your words, and expressions of your deep sense of love and loss. I hope that you have lots of loving and supportive people in your life, although this is also a special place for people just like us, who have lost their best buddies. I hope you will feel a little bit better day by day. Come back and tell us more about David, post pictures when you are able . 

Take Good Care of Yourself, and looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

Kindest Regards to You,

Michael ( missing jack)

• Members

I know how you feel, I lost my best friend, Kato, a year and half ago.  He was the most wonderful cat.  It isn't easy, you will never forget him but, life goes on.  God bless you.

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for your loss, David was clearly loved and it's hard being without them when our lives are so entwined and we've become so attached.  We know with our heads that they won't live as long as us but when the time comes we are caught so off guard.  My only consolation when I lost Miss Mocha was I gave her a truly good life, a good home, she knew she was loved and she enjoyed her life.  I just wish it could have been longer and I'm sure you're feeling the same way.

Archived