Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Angry at passed parents

RockawaySon

• Members

I'm 25 and I found these forums months ago but I do not know why today is the day that I decided to share. But i lost my parents in January and February this year. My dad from cancer and my mom from suicide. It took me a long time to just be able to say to my friends that my parents are dead. I barely remember what my life was like when they were alive. They both had issues their issues that kept me at home trying to help them while starting my life. So when they passed, everything changed. I made it this far and I know I'm alright now. But today I just wanted to say and to be heard. I'm incredibly angry that they left me.

• Members

Dear Rockaway Son,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your mother and father. I'm so sorry. I know there is a lot of pain and sorrow. To suffer two terrible losses so close together is unbearable. It seems surreal when our parents pass. I would be angry too. I know how much you cared and love your parents and want them to share more of your life. I know you did everything you could to help them both. I'm also angry at my dad for leaving me. I want so badly for him to still be here, but he is not. I know its hard to carry on, but we must. We must try. Take care of yourself. Thinking of you.

• Members

I am so sorry for the loss of both your parents, that is awful at such a young age. The lose one parent is painful enough and so close together is even more unbearable. I also felt a lot of anger, not at my Dad but at the doctors for not diagnosing him early enough and then leaving him to die, at God for allowing my Dad to die despite so many prayers and at the unfairness of life. 

I don't have much to say only that I hope you continue to have the strength to get through each day, it's a horrible life we now have to live without our love ones but I'm trying to live on for them

Archived