Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

LOSS MY FELIX

Derrick

• Members

I just loss my Felix on Christmas day and I am so sad, I cry all the time. He was around 11 years old and he had congestive heart failure. I found out about 2 weeks ago after an xray and my whole world came crashing down around me. I gave him his medicine and he got a little better and then went down fast. He passed at the home, which was good because I couldn't handle making that decision to put him down.  Felix was my best friend and he always looked out for me so I've always returned the favor. He lived a very good life and I made sure he had the best. I miss him sooo much, if my tears come bring him back I've cried enough to bring him. I've come to grips with his passing yet I cant give over missing him. I always gave him kisses and hugs and told him I love him. As I type I'm crying again, memories of him surface in my head and I cant help but wanting him back. Felix, I love you so much.

• Members

Oh Derrick,

I am so very sorry you have lost Felix. I have suffered the horrible pain of losing a longtime fur baby. It's so rough. When my Emmy became ill, I couldn't put her down. She passed at home. My precious Bob was in so much pain, I had to put him down. He was our beloved. So, I've been there. 

Cry cry cry. It's okay. Pets are well, special friends...

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Derrick,

My heart goes out to you. So many affections, memories, - moments. I don't often use these words as they presume much, but I believe I do feel your pain my friend.

Please post a picture or two of Felix, if you are able, whenever you can. Lot's of understanding. love and empathy with you at this time.

Kindest Regards,

Michael (Missing Jack)

• Members

So sorry, Derrick. Felix was your best friend and we know how you feel. Pets are our family and when they go to Heaven, we grieve for them just like we would grieve for the people in our lives. Felix will always love you and will remember the good life you gave him. He is no longer suffering and that is what we want most for those we love. Just picture Felix happy and healthy, running with his dog pals under a blue sky, warm sunshine and green grass under his feet. Prayers and hugs to you.

• Moderators

Derrick,

I'm so sorry you lost your Felix.  I've been there, too many times, I know how hard  the missing them is.  I'm glad he got to be at home when he went, where he was most comfortable and you didn't have to make that decision for him.  

I don't know your personal beliefs but I believe we'll be together again, that they don't merely cease to exist but their spirits continue their journey, and even if you don't believe that, perhaps try to keep an open mind for the possibility, it's brought me much comfort over the years.

Archived