Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A holiday greeting

MLG23

• Members

I have not responded or posted for a while as I have been attempting to keep busy during this tough holiday season. Today is exactly 3 months since my fiancé passed and since my whole world changed. Many of you are feeling the same emotions, and heartache as I am. I truly hope each of you can find hope, love, and light with this holiday season. I personally am cooking a lot for today (I am German so we celebrate today). And with my father's family I have chosen not to go to their event tomorrow. This choice is to avoid the pity, questions, or comments that are said to help them feel better and not to help me mentally. I hope you all put yourself first emotionally and mentally, and do the things you love. Whether it's cooking like me, or even cuddling up with a book, or playing card games. My main focus too is that I have to be thankful for what I have, not focusing on what I have lost. I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you. For those that have children, I hope maybe some of the magic they see in the holidays helps heal your hearts just a bit. Thank you all for just being yourselves on this site and giving such honest support. Best wishes, happy holidays, Frohe Weihnachten, Merry Christmas, and hopefully this season produces some joy for you all no matter how small. 

• Moderators

Frohe Weihnachten to you!  

1 hour ago, MLG23 said:

My main focus too is that I have to be thankful for what I have, not focusing on what I have lost.

This has been my mantra since two weeks after I lost him and has made a huge difference.  Sometimes the loss is hard hitting, but I still make an effort to remember what good there is now, today.  It's changed me.

Archived