Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Sign in to follow this  
Brocamco766

Scared to ask or dont care or forget?

Long story short. My mom passed away in January.  The last time family and husband asked how i was doing or even acknowledged my mom died was August.  I have went through holidays and my bday. Last 2 weeks they have excluded my from their tradition of mom/daughter , dad/daughter, husband/mom and husband/dad xmas shopping.whats worse.. they planned it all in front of me knowing i dont have a mom or a dad (out of my life). Who does that!? My husband says i have to ask them to take me. Uh.no. Xmas is in 6 days.. do you think anyone and husband ask how i am? Nope. Husband has done nothing but yell at me because I haven't done wife chores and just doesn't get it. I dont want to use my mom as an excuse, but damn. Get a clue! Should I open my mouth?

Dear Brocamco,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your beloved mother. I'm so sorry. I know this is a very painful year.  Sorry to hear your family has not been more sensitive or more inclusive. I don't think they understand or know how painful it is to lose their mother. People expect us to move on and just be normal. But how can we when we have lost one of the most important people in our lives. I know you are angry at them, but try to look past what isn't said or done. Some people just don't know better. Please take care of yourself the best you can. Find another caring friend or colleague to go shopping with instead. Thinking of you.