Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Scared to ask or dont care or forget?

Brocamco766

• Members

Long story short. My mom passed away in January.  The last time family and husband asked how i was doing or even acknowledged my mom died was August.  I have went through holidays and my bday. Last 2 weeks they have excluded my from their tradition of mom/daughter , dad/daughter, husband/mom and husband/dad xmas shopping.whats worse.. they planned it all in front of me knowing i dont have a mom or a dad (out of my life). Who does that!? My husband says i have to ask them to take me. Uh.no. Xmas is in 6 days.. do you think anyone and husband ask how i am? Nope. Husband has done nothing but yell at me because I haven't done wife chores and just doesn't get it. I dont want to use my mom as an excuse, but damn. Get a clue! Should I open my mouth?

• Members

Dear Brocamco,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the loss of your beloved mother. I'm so sorry. I know this is a very painful year.  Sorry to hear your family has not been more sensitive or more inclusive. I don't think they understand or know how painful it is to lose their mother. People expect us to move on and just be normal. But how can we when we have lost one of the most important people in our lives. I know you are angry at them, but try to look past what isn't said or done. Some people just don't know better. Please take care of yourself the best you can. Find another caring friend or colleague to go shopping with instead. Thinking of you.

Archived