Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First Christmas with out my dad

• Members

It's nearly my first christmas with out my dad, he past away in Feb, from cancer it literally ate him inside out and the things I have seen I wish I hadn't, I'm finding it so hard to cope, I was so close to my dad all my life, he was my best friend, and now he just gone, I feel so lonely and lost, even though I have everyone Around me, I don't want Christmas to come this year, it's all to much for me 

• Members

Am sorry to hear that, it's really hard isnt it n I feel like no one understands, I can't start to imagin how u feel rite now coz everyone deals with things different, I hope you ok and get threw Christmas ok 

• Members

Yup.  Thanksgiving was hard, but Christmas is going to suck even harder.  My poor husband is so depressed because I'm just so sad, and I really want him to have a nice Christmas. 

I'm having a hard time accepting that time is marching on without Mama.  I don't WANT any Christmases without her. 

• Members

Dear 1123,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know this is an incredibly difficult year.  All the things you are feeling and thinking are only natural after losing such an important person in your life. I lost my father this year as well. I also find it hard to cope especially during the holidays. I was reading online on some ways I could try to remember him this holiday season. I will take some flowers to his gravesite on Christmas Day. Try to what you can and surround yourself with caring friends and family for comfort. Thinking of you. Big hugs.

• Members

Thank you reader 

it is really hard an am trying to cope and find someone who under stands how am feeling to hav a chat wiv, it's unreal how many people are goin threw wat am goin threw, n wen I think ov how ma dad suffered I can help but get angry, n am sorry for ur loss yowooya, n I hope u n ur husband get threw it together, my fiancée is brilliant, that's another thing am getting married in march n I can't stand the thought of my dad not being there 

• Members
9 hours ago, 1123 said:

It's nearly my first christmas with out my dad, he past away in Feb, from cancer it literally ate him inside out and the things I have seen I wish I hadn't, I'm finding it so hard to cope, I was so close to my dad all my life, he was my best friend, and now he just gone, I feel so lonely and lost, even though I have everyone Around me, I don't want Christmas to come this year, it's all to much for me 

I lost my dad Feb of 2012 because of colon cancer. I had to help and take care of him when he was living too. Me and my father were very close too. It was so hard to see him hurt. This is my 5th Christmas without my dad, and I still get sad and upset every time around Christmastime. I just want to let you know it is normally to be sad or angry. How you are feeling right now is completely normal and I went through the same thing. But what helps me cope is knowing my father is okay now, and he is not sick, doesn't have to do chemo no more. And I do not know if you believe in God or not, but that helps me cope too. Even though you might think why me? But everyone has a time to go. And this will make you stronger! Getting through this will make you feel like you can conquer anything that is coming your way. The only thing that helped me is crying, when you cry you release all your anger and pain. Honestly it takes time, but it great to express your feeling somehow. Whatever that fits best for you, I like to write my thoughts and feeling in a book, or you can find someone to talk to. I hope you still have a great Christmas with your family!

• Members
19 hours ago, 1123 said:

Am sorry to hear that, it's really hard isnt it n I feel like no one understands, I can't start to imagin how u feel rite now coz everyone deals with things different, I hope you ok and get threw Christmas ok 

Yea it is very hard it wasnt even a month and i had to deal with thanksgiving without him now just over a month and its time for christmas. I only just found out what happened on sunday and i feel even more lost then i did before hand.

• Members

Thank you d123, it was colon cancer that took my dad it spread tih his kindnys n liver n lung n nothing culd help him it grew out ov him it was so horrible to watch, n I do t personaly believe in god but I do believe he in a Betta place owt ov pain, thanks for ur advice n I can relate to how u feel, n it doesn't matter how long it's been it will still b hard n cheers pitta mama 29 

• Members

Pitts mama 29

I can imagine it is very hard for u, n I hope it starts to get better for u, I started tih hav good days but now in nearly xmas it's hit me really hard agen, but I do understand how u feel n it is normal I guess. It doesn't get easier we jus adjusted n learn to live with them gone 

Archived