Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I want to show you something

Mrs. Plummer

• Members

Dear fellow beareaved,

In the last week of his life, my darling husband wrote me this card. I still go to pieces when I look at it. What I did not know then, was that a tattooist could replicate Ken's handwriting and his wonky little hearts. My son suggested it to me, and I went and got the ink done. It's a comfort, and another way to memorialise my Ken :wub:

I'm putting this out here by way of suggestion too :)

Hugs, if okay for anybody who needs them

Louise xo

card.jpg

card2.jpg

tatt7.jpg

• Members

Aww I love it! 

I love memorial tattoos. To permanently ink your love for your spouse on your skin.... there are just no words. It's beautiful and breathtaking and shows the intensity of your love. I started my 4th tattoo for my husband last week and it'll be my largest thus far. The night I had my first session I actually dreamt about my husband for the first time since I lost him.

• Members

Hi Lioness, did you find the dream comforting? Maybe you'll show off your ink when you're ready too xo

• Members

Oh my God, yes! I had woke up at 6 but still had time to doze off before I had to get up for work so I was kinda half sleeping I guess, but it felt so real. We were in our old bedroom and he was playing his PS4 and I walked in to show him my tattoo and I just remember him smiling at me and we had a conversation about goats and South Park (random, I know, but he always wanted to have pet goats and we watched SP all the time, so I KNOW it was him) and then I woke up. And even stranger, when I left the tattoo shop and turned my car on the song on the radio was one from our favorite TV show. It's just been sign after sign after sign that he's still here with me. I don't even know how to put it into words but I can just feel him all over me and through me. 

I still have three more sessions on the big one. I got these about two weeks ago. I also got an 'S' on my hand for him in the same spot he had a 'J' for me. 

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

• Members

They are gorgeous :) I love the roman numerals. When my darling was diagnosed as terminal, we both got these lifelines: 

tatts.2jpg.jpg

• Members
claribassist13

After my fiance died I got two tattoos in his honor. I am in the middle of designing the third one. 

The first is the molecular structure for oxytocin, which is considered on the of the "love" hormones used in the brain. 
The second one is a section of my fiance's handwriting from one of the letters he wrote me. I added the stethoscope to it because he was going to be a doctor. 

Photo Feb 19, 8 20 21 PM.jpgPhoto May 10, 1 05 57 PM.jpg

• Members
claribassist13

Thank you! I love yours as well. The little hearts are, personally, my favorite!

• Moderators

I also have a tattoo of our symbol with his name underneath in his handwriting...it's in a place I can't display (I'm not as young as some of you!) but I carry it with me in his honor.

It's two hearts (one inside the other...he's the bigger one, I'm the smaller one) with wings, and an infinity symbol below it.  We used to sign our letters with it.  He had beautiful handwriting so his name was gorgeous to me.  I used to have the drawing on my computer but it's in a program that I no longer have all these years later so I'm unable to access it.

Archived