Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Help with wife's grief

Concerned Husband

• Members
Concerned Husband

Hello all,

My wife lost her mother in January of 2015 and then her brother in May of 2016. This has caused her horrible grief which has also caused problems with our marriage at times. One of the main problems she is having is the phone calls/texts from her father and sister. My wife can be having a "good" day but then out of the blue hew father calls crying or her sister sends her a sad meme and then she falls apart all over again. I realize they are all grieving but myself, my daughter, and some friends are concerned with hew father and sister bringing her down. 

Any help, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

Dear Concerned Husband,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife's mother and brother. I know this is terribly difficult time for your wife's family. I think its only natural for your wife's father and sister to reach out to her. But I know you are concerned it makes her sad. Has she considered talking to a counsellor or accessing any community resources? I hope there is a support group they can all join as a family to discuss their loss and any coping mechanisms. It will take a long time. Two major losses so close together is very hard.

Archived