Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Best friends suicide

Hannah quick

• Members

I lost my best friend to suicide 1 year ago.  It was very shocking and still is to this day. I still haven't come to terms that she is gone.   And that I will never speak to her again.  We lived in different states so all I got was a call and never got to say goodbye or I never held her hand during her last breaths.  I wish I had though.  I wish that I was at her side.  Holding her hand giving her comfort. Telling her that it would all be okay.  But all I got was a call saying that she had slot her wrists and they found her laying in her own blood and they got to her too late.  I just had to tell my story because I still live with the guilt that I could not prevent her from ending her life.  I blame myself everyday.

• Members

Hannah quick,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your best friend. Stop blaming yourself. You couldn't have done anything. You did what you could. It's not your fault. Truly, it's not your fault. It's so tough, of course, not to feel guilty, but you have to tell yourself daily, over and over, it's not your fault because it isn't. 

ModKonnie

Archived