Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a great fiance

caitlynn

• Members

I lost a great fiancée in my life a year ago and we were supposed to get married last month.I remember it all and started with a phone call from his mom.His name was Jeremy and was always great to me.I miss his laugh and sense of humor.Loved him a lot and he was a great guy.Jeremy loved me a lot too.It all started with a phone call from his mom saying he was taken to the hospital,was messing with a loaded gun and it went off shooting himself in the neck.I went to the hospital and the doctor came out with the news and I thought it was good.It was not good news,he passed away on the way there dead on arrival.I was in tears and his mom hugged me.The next days after his death were hard for me and did find help.The funeral,I was a little tearful when I was by myself saying goodbye to him for the last time.The memories of Jeremy I remember,he helped me get out of an abusive relationship and would help me out in any way.I know he is looking down making sure I am safe.He would of been a great step dad to my 15 year old nephew and 17 year old niece I took in 4 years ago too

• Moderators

Hi Caitlynn, I met you on the other site.  There will be others along shortly to respond to you, you are not alone here.  I'm so sorry you lost your fiancée , he sounds like he was a wonderful person, I'm just so sorry that this happened.  It's like a bad dream.

• Members

Caitlynn---Sorry for the loss of your fiancee. The reminder of what would have been your wedding last month must have brought all the pain back in again, what a devastating blow to the forward steps you had been making. The love you shared and the memories will be carried by you through your life. Don't think of it as goodbye to everything but as a temporary separation until you are reunited in eternity.

This is a wonderful, caring, forum to have joined. We all understand, listen and share. I've been thankful every day since I joined. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

• Members

It did bring the pain back a little bit last month.He was a caring man in life and loved me a lot as well.There is one song that reminded of him a lot by Martina McBride and it is this song,

• Moderators

It's hard to listen to without crying.  Music was such a big part of my George, I still have a hard time listening to it sometimes.
Keep posting, it helps.  We're listening.

Archived