Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Crying?

RainbowMelody

• Members
RainbowMelody

Is there ever a time you stop being reduced to tears? I had a dream about her over a year after and while I was happy to just have that part of her, anything I could hold onto, I'm still a crying mess. She was my daughter and life without her is so hard.

• Moderators

That is a very individual response.  I lost my cat June 3rd and while I seldom cry, I still miss her so much.  I have bawled my eyes out, but not often.  It's not a measure of grief, but some people cry, others not so much.  I am so accustomed to grief, I've lost everyone/everything it seems, it's my life anymore.
I wouldn't worry about the tears, they can be cathartic and healing, at the very least an avenue of expression of what you're feeling inside.  It's better to cry than to try to hold it back.  Yes it is so hard, I'm sorry. :(

• Members

Our pets are more than pets, they are our children and members of our families. In some cases, they are all we have. It is completely understandable you'd still be in tears. It's only been 5 days for me and I can only imagine how difficult it will continue to be. I've grieved over a parent and losing my dog hurts just as much because she was really the only family I had after 15 years with her. I am very sorry for your loss but please just know that your baby is always with you and loves you so dearly. She is so blessed to have had you by your side. Sending lots of love!

-Jenna

• Members
RainbowMelody

KayC it's... when you're not naturally a crying person it becomes difficult to let that out. Also, thanks, sorry for your cat.

Insanewith Sends you love too, it's like part of you isn't there anymore. I wasn't really popular at school, so in high school I got the love that I needed from her. She was the basket I put most of my eggs in, if that makes sense. Sorry for your loss too.

• Moderators

I doubt many considered themselves to be popular in high school. :)  I'm glad you had her all those years, and I can understand about putting all your eggs in one basket.  George and I just fit together, we understood each other, related, cared about each other first and foremost.  There is no substitute for that.

• Members
RainbowMelody

Oh trust me I wasn't, like I had one girlfriend in grade school who dumped me because I wasn't popular and she was my only friend, then in h/s I only really had two friends, one guy who became my b/f only because I was into puberty and he was the only guy nice to me. Though even then if you would have told told me him or your dog, I would have picked my dog. I had corrective eye surgery and usually she'd jump into my face to kiss me. She didn't that day and spent it with me in my bed like she was my own personal knight in shining armor. It burned and hurt but she made it bearable knowing that she cared so much she didn't want to leave my side. Even in college I'd sleep with her teddy bear just to have something of hers with me. i have friends now it's just... there's this always emptiness where she was. In junior high, you know that "peer remediation" bs? Well I was getting into trouble because every time I looked at this one person he made death threat gestures to me, when let's see you never look behind yourself to stretch your back. The biggest joke is that when I graduated he was the one who got "most improved", but with her she made all that go away. I felt like I worth it because she loved me.

Archived