Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my brother and my mother 5 months apart

MIssmedina

• Members

I don't know where to begin , in 2015 I lost my only brother , my only sibling in an road traffic accident , aged  45 . Trying to come to terms with the fact that some one else caused the accident and with court case pending , my beautiful mum decide to end her battle with cancer by stopping all treatment and my mum passed away a broken woman ,only five months later after not being able to cope with the loss of her son , my brother . Eventually someone was charged and imprisoned for causing the death of my brother . I felt nothing no anger , I was indifferent to anything I thought I would feel . In  my brother I lost my biggest supporter , my biggest advocate and we loved each other dearly ., I am still in the place I was at the time of the accident , I still break down , I still experience the realisations that he has died all over again . Whilst my brother was married and has two beautiful children , the support is out there for them , as there is for my father too .. me , I'm in limbo , trying to hold it together and it's failing .. I have experienced that people by pass siblings .. in my case many  don't realise I have 45 years worth of memories .. which I do hold to on my darkest moments .. 

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please reach out to others in your community and consider joining a self help group for grief (most funeral homes can direct you to one) or consider some professional counseling. Talking is the very best way to heal. Journaling is a great way to heal. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived