Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my little sister on Thanksgiving

IdaAdam

• Members

My little sister was out on the town the night before Thanksgiving, allegedly in high spirits. Came home and promptly hung herself. I am so beyond in shock. This happened less than 2 weeks ago, and my family is so broken. I feel on the verge of a panic attack at all times. She was my best friend. I am 27, she was 25, so we were extremely close throughout our entire lives. She certainly had demons she struggled with, but this was so impulsive. No note, no anything. I don't know how to go on. I have a hard time even writing about it now because it still absolutely does not feel real.

I attached a beautiful picture of her. She was a wild child, a free spirit. A loving, caring, hilarious human being. I cannot see my life without her. This can't be happening. 

384243_3706586794205_1351297839_n.jpg

• Members

IdaAdam--so sorry for the loss of your sister. It is indeed a beautiful picture of her. It'll be a comfort to you to remember her in this pic, you can see what a free, loving spirit she is. She'll be like this in Heaven now. Free and loving, no inner demons plaguing her now. God saw her inner pain and called her home. Suicide is a tough thing to cope with when the family is looking for the answers to the *whys*. I'm so sorry that your sister felt the only way out of her internal struggle was to leave this life. I hope you and your family are not blaming yourselves. Forgive yourself and forgive your sister. No one but her knows the why of it all.

i hope you and your family will seek out grief counseling or a support group together to be able to cope. My prayers go out to you all.

Archived