Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Broken

Zie

• Members

A month since daddy left and I'm broken, it hurts so much I feel numb. Nothing feels worth it without him, my center, he held everything together and now I'm crumbling.  I want to join him so bad

• Members

Hugs ... I am so sorry for your loss.  I can relate to that numbness you are feeling but want to assure you that it will lift over time.  The sadness you are feeling is all because of the great love you have for your dad.  That love is a true gift from above.  Not all families have that so we are blessed more that we know.  My experience is that time helps us to heal from this loss.  I lost my mom in  2013 and my dad 11 months later.  So it's been a little over 2 years and I still miss them both every day but now when I am missing them and thinking about them I am full of gratefulness in having them for parents and for the love we had for each other.  What I am trying to say is that it does get better as time goes by.  You will always miss your dad but the sadness turns into gratefulness and the memories will bring you a good feeling.  

Your loss is so resent so your feelings are raw.  Allow yourself time to grieve and let the tears flow.  It will get better.

hugs

Cindy Jane

Archived