Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beautiful pet cat passed away today

Tajda

• Members

Hey there. So im just writting here because I have to get this out of my mind. So a few hours ago my precious cat Kepica died. She was with me and my family for 10 years. And I feel very lucky that i was able to share my love with here for these 10 years. She was my friend and she always knew when I was sad and she came and cuddled me. And now when I am shattered to pieces because of here death she isnt here to comfort me.

I found her near our house. It seemed someone run over her with a car. She was suffering so much, so I took her to the Vet and he put her to sleep beacuse there want anything else he could do. I felt so helpless because I couldnt do anything to help her.

So i tought these place was right to shear my story and my feelings. Im still in the shock and crying faze. I feel so bad and lonely.

Please share your story, or maybe some advice for how to deal with this. I would really appreciate it. By.

• Moderators

I am so sorry you lost your cat.  I lost my Miss Mocha June 3rd.  I'd had her 10 1/2 years, although I have no idea how old she was.  I'd found her living in the top of my garage, she was an adult, had had kittens and been spayed.  She was so beautiful, I thought she belonged to someone, so I shooed her away for two months.  I finally realized she had nowhere else to go, so I took her in.  I think someone must have drove out into the country and threw her out, abandoned her.  People do that.  So she went on to become my cat.  She loved stealing chairs, if you were up for more than a second, she had it.  I never broke her of peeing on the bathroom rug.  I bought more rugs and got used to washing them a lot.  Admonishing her for it had no effect.  She was a cat.  She loved laying next to me, pressing in on me no matter how much room she had on the other side.  I still miss her sleeping next to me.  She was so gorgeous, and she knew it.  She was extremely flirtatious with men!  She had beautiful blue eyes, a black heart shaped nose, and the daintiest little meow, and she'd blink blink at men and roll from side to side, very flirtatious!  They couldn't resist her, they'd pick her up and put her on their chest and pet her, and she'd turn and look at me real smug, as if to say, "I've got him!".  She really was one of a kind.

For months I'd look at my patio door, hoping to see her form there, but no, she's gone.  I think a cougar got her.  I didn't allow her outside at night, it was 6:00 am and broad daylight when I let her out.  I was outside all day working in the yard, and never saw or heard anything, she was just gone.  But cougars are like that, very quick, their prey has no chance to respond or yowl, they catch them by surprise and send them into a shock.  I pray that shock protected her from realizing what was happening and I pray it went quick and she didn't have time to suffer.  It's hard, not being there for her last moments.  It's real hard.

I honestly don't know any advice, it takes time to heal over, but even so, we never forget them, and the missing them doesn't seem to go away, although we get more used to it with time.

Miss Mocha.jpg

• Members

Tajda---So sorry for the loss of your Kepica. She was lucky to have you for many years as her friend. I've suffered loss of many pets over the years. They were all special in their own unique ways. I'm sorry you are going through the grieving of losing her. In time, you will remember her with smiles that will give you comfort.Please don't feel helpless. You did help her, by taking her to a vet. To end her suffering, because nothing could be done medically, you helped send her over the rainbow bridge. That is a selfless act of love you did for Kepica. She'll be with you spiritually, maybe giving you some sign she is there. She'll always remember you and your family with much love for giving her a home while she was here.  Hugs and prayers to you--

• Moderators

I couldn't agree more, KMB!

17 hours ago, KMB said:

You did help her, by taking her to a vet. To end her suffering, because nothing could be done medically, you helped send her over the rainbow bridge. That is a selfless act of love you did for Kepica.

Archived