Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Where do you live my love?

Sadaf Nazim

• Members

He was standing all alone at the beach watching the sea, wearing a plain black half sleeved t-shirt and shorts. He usually never wears shorts, but this time he was different. He had a kind of peace in his heart that I have never seen for a while and now it was visible on his face. With little moustache and beard, he had a smile on his beautifully carved lips. His hair moved continously coming over his forehead as the cool sea breeze touched them. The water in the sea got mischievous and wanted to touch his feet, then after realising their blasphemy turned back, to come back again. He had a strange kind of light on his face, strange but beautiful, and I could say that he was in a deep thought. 

As I reached him from behind, he turned towards me. We stood there looking at each other for a while. It was as if we were looking at each other after decades and yet it seemed like yesterday. He extended his hand towards me, and I held it. Walking forward holding his hand, I was looking at his face and he was looking at the never ending sea.

The waves of the sea touched our barefoot, it was cool. The sky had all the imaginable colours in it, and there was complete solitude and peace. I was so astonished by the beauty of that place that for a second I forgot I was standing with him. Surprised by its calmness, it's beautiful trees on the mountain tops, the colorful waters of the sea, the refreshing scent of the cool breeze and the drizzle it carried with itself, I asked him, ' Janu, is this heaven? Do you live here?'

'No, my love ', he said, turning towards me he held both my hands and slowly brought me closer to him. Now I could feel his breath and heartbeat as he could mine. He embraced me in his arms softly but firmly. I don't know how much time passed like that, for time as an identity did not exist there. Then he released me still keeping me very close to himself. He put his fist on my heart and said in a very soft voice that came right from the depth of his soul, ' Heaven is here. And I live here.'

• Members
claribassist13

What a beautiful way to consider the situation. 
Thank you for sharing!

• Members

Sadaf---Your heart felt emotions come out in your beautiful words. I'm sure that your loved one is sending you love and is proud of you! The writing can be therapeutic, keep doing it.   Prayers and hugs to you---thanks for sharing.

• Members

When we meet again,                        

I would rush to embrace you,

in my arms,

tightly. 

Hold you there,

till the emptiness, 

of all those years, 

the years without you, 

is filled.

Or

Would I even have the strength, 

to rush to you? 

or to walk?

or to even stand?

Seeing that illuminating face again. 

Or

Would I just fall on my knees? 

And

Cry.

Cry until,

the last tear is dropped.

The last pain is wiped.

Just sit there, 

and cry.

• Members

I would sink into the ground and cry looking at his beautiful face... :-) 

• Members

Sadaf---Your heart is in your words, thank you for sharing. I'm sure your loved one is proud of you for honoring him in that way.

Archived