Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

With her i was the man I wanted too be

• Members

So my wife just told me she wants a divorce.I want her too be happy so I will let her keep our home and I wont put up a fight...but before her I was a drinker.I got arrested plenty do too alchohal and bad decisions.When she came into my life she made me want too be a better man.She MADE ME a better man.Now shes gone and Im already falling back into old patterns with past and current friends.....I dont really know how to be the man I want too be without her.....how pathetic is that.

• Members

Scarfer,

I am sorry you are going through this. I would advise you to seek some professional counseling to deal with this or at the very least consider going to self help meetings to deal with your emotional issues or your drinking. AA is a wonderful way to gain support. 

You are not pathetic; you are heartbroken and suffering. Other people have similar experiences and deal with it in the same way. You just have to find a positive way to move forward, and the best way to do that is to seek help. Talk to people. 

We will be here with you.

ModKonnie

• Members
BarbaraPhillips

I can understand what you must be going as my brother too faced a similar problem. He was a habitual drinker and got arrested a couple of times, due to which his wife left him with the kids. He was completely broken and is trying to put his life together once again. I would suggest that you seek some counseling and even though its none of my business to say but I would suggest that unless you have found something to keep you stable, don't let go off the entire savings and house. Try to divide it, so that you will have something to relay upon in future. There various useful resources who will guide you perfectly on how to handle your divorce, so seek their help and suggestions.

Archived